The Nurses International Society for the Study of Trophoblastic Diseases (NISSTD) is a group of nurses dedicated to the care of patients diagnosed with Gestational Trophoblastic Disease (GTD).
- Establish and expand (within a 12 month period) an international GTD nurses group targeting all nurses who have specialist knowledge and skills in the care of GTD patients.
- Provide a forum for these nurses to discuss issues relevant to GTD patients.
- Improve care delivery for the GTD patient cohort through shared learning and collaboration.
- Focus on the needs of GTD patients, advocate for them to empower their journey and strive to provide patients access to the most up to date GTD resources.
- Share information; build a culture of partnership and collaboration amongst health providers of the GTD patient cohort.
- Share knowledge to establish high standards to raise public awareness of GTD including impacts and treatment.
- Share nursing ideas and current topics being researched to encourage uptake and avoid duplication.
- Speed up adoption of innovation into practice to improve clinical outcomes and GTD patient experience.
- Establish, provide, facilitate and disseminate education resources regarding GTD.
- Resource forum for colleagues to mentor, provide clinical expertise and advice in relation to GTD.
- Provide and promote standardised best practice via a network of likeminded nurses.
- Facilitate strategies and plans to maximise the role of clinical nurse specialist with an aim to reduce the psychological, social and physical short and long term impacts of GTD on patients.
- Expert resource group who facilitate professional connections to share knowledge and improve the lives of patients diagnosed with GTD.
If you have any questions or would like to become a member of NISSTD please contact us.